Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fingers crossed

Right, off to Yarmouth in a few minutes.  I'll need to be on the ball, not only because Roy (pictured in the field last Sunday evening) behaved badly the last time we took him to the races (to Southwell last November) when he was very naughty both in the horsebox travelling to and from the course, and in the starting stalls just before his race.  So I'll  need to be alert for his potential misdemeanours; and I'll also need to be on the ball as we haven't had a runner for four weeks, so I'll have to make sure that I don't forget any part of the routine.  But, assuming that he doesn't blot his copy-book, it'll be lovely to get Roy's season started.  He's on a low weight in a low-grade race so one would hope that he'll run well, but it's a reasonably competitive race for the grade, so we'll have to wait and see.  It's a day of small fields at Yarmouth, but I think that his will be the biggest field (eight).  So let's hope that he runs well in it - particularly as he'll be bearing the colours of the McCarthy family, colours which are very, very special to us here.

No comments: