Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Busy day

We're facing up to a very busy day today.  It's still a lovely dawn, but I think that it's not going to be quite so hot, especially farther north, which is a good thing as we have two horses going off to the races, and it's not so good for them to travel in the heat.  Plus if it's less hot up north, there'll be less evaporation at Newcastle, and the track there has already dried out more than we'd like for Zarosa (pictured in the field on Sunday, with Wasabi) who was declared on, if I recall, like soft, heavy in places, and is probably going to run on something like good to firm, good in places.  Ah well.  Newcastle look after their track well and it's a suitable race, so we'll hope for the best.

That's at 4.20, and then at 8.30 Gift Of Silence (pictured in the field on Sunday) is set to run at Yarmouth.  Again I'd have preferred it to be slightly less dry for her, but that' less of an issue.  She too should run well, I hope.  And I'll be staying put, with Hugh going up to Newcastle and Hannah to Yarmouth.  Annoyingly, today sees Newmarket's annual Town Meeting, followed by the annual Town Council Meeting where committees etc. are re-arranged for the forthcoming year.  As the current Chairman of the Development & Planning Committee, I have to be there, so that's where I'll be.  Which I suppose maybe isn't that inconvenient, as there'll be a lot of work to be done in the stable with the other two away, so at least my day will be productive, if not at the races.at

No comments: