Monday, November 13, 2017

Better be home soon

We're always told that social media brings out the worst in people.  Happily, that has not been my experience.  I've generally found that it brings out the best.  In fact, I'm frequently touched by the positive and kind feedback which I receive from things which I put up on Twitter, Facebook and this blog.  Unkind comments are generally very few, while words to warm the heart are many.  Under the circumstances, I should not have been surprised recently that, when I wrote a chapter saying how demoralising I had found it when Delatite was struck down with a freak and life-threatening problem, I received a huge amount of moral support coming down the lines.  I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was.  And I was hugely heartened, and I hugely appreciated it.

I was greatly touched by how many people cared about Delatite's plight, and it meant a lot to me.  It always helps to know that people care.  Consequently, I am delighted to share the good news that (the result of the outstanding care which he has received at Newmarket Equine Hospital over the past 20 days) Delatite came home today, and that as I write this he is tucking into his tea out in his stable just outside the window.  He isn't out of the woods, and it's not impossible that he could regress seriously; and it's far from certain how complete his ultimate recovery will be.  But, as of now, things have gone as well as they conceivably could have done.  It's great to have him home, both because that means he's well enough to come home, and because it's lovely to have him back.  And it's great to be able to pass on the news, knowing that so many kind people care.

1 comment:

David J Winter. said...

Whew....can’t tell you [ well i can ] how pleasing it is to hear the good news. When i first read your blog re the infections i was so moved i couldn’t actually reply in any form that would make it seem i hadn’t lost it. What made it all the more poignant was that my hack went through a similar problem. Within a short space of time and for no explainable reason she developed a skin peeling condition that our vet hadn’t ever seen before. Shorty she became quite unwell to boot any we too had a scary time for a while. Best wishes to you and Emma and lets hope its onward and upward. To coin a phrase....Hope is High !!!