Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Runners

I think that it was only six days ago that The Rocket Park ran at Southwell.  It seems longer.  He ran OK.  Finishing fifth of seven might seem a rather downbeat way for a horse to lose his unbeaten record, but it is harder for bumper horses carrying a penalty once they have won, and he was doing so in a significantly better race than the one which he won.  They were a decent-looking field of horses up against him.  The winner Thyme Hill in particular looked very smart in the parade ring beforehand and even smarter in the race, and should turn out to be a good horse.

That was a very pleasant day.  I hadn't been to Worcester for a few years, so I particularly savoured the very pleasant countryside along the way once we were past Stratford, and I found a very friendly crowd when we got there.  I hope that I'll find a very friendly crowd tomorrow because we're going to Brighton, which I'd imagine is the racecourse which I've visited the most often in the past couple of years.  And that includes Newmarket. One generally gets a very good welcome there, so I'm looking forward to it.  It's a race which Parek (Sussex Girl) won last year; and she seems very well; and we have the same jockey (Nicola) on board.  So let's hope for a good day.

No comments: